Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Reigning Monarchs - The Reigning Monarchs. NAME YOUR PRICE


It has been a long time since I was excited about an instrumental album and this is the first one that I have featured on the blog and for a very good reason, it is bloody brilliant!
Hailing from North Hollywood CA, these guys serve up a high energy album with traces of ska, rockabilly, punk and lots of wonderful surf guitar sounds.
The more I play this album, the more I think how these songs would make a great movie soundtrack and in my minds eye I have already finished the script, it is a kind of secret service film, yeah ok, James Bond, but a really cool one, a retro one, he is tougher and suaver than the Bonds we know and he surfs too!
Anyway, my musings apart, go check this album out, it is brilliant, I have found myself hitting the replay button several times after each track, the last time I remember doing that was many years ago, I am absolutely bowled over by this album, my only regret with this album is that I didn't discover it when it was released in 2009 and I have spent all this time without it!

Currently being repeated at least 4 times in a row, The Duke.

What do The Reigning Monarchs say about themselves? Well, just this: "Monogram your sweater vests your new favorite lifestyle has arrived! If you like the taste of cold beer, the feel of cashmere, and skanky surf nior jams then we are a modern American today! Lets get started!"  Obviously, no need to say too much when your music speaks volumes about you anyway!



Should you get through playing the album several times and start despairing that there is no more, then satisfy your cravings with the recently released 3 track single "All Summer Single."

The Reigning Monarch also have a great range of T shirts, this band really aren't putting a foot wrong, posters, even a rag, yep a rag, with the bands logo printed on it, housework has never been so much fun, although I recommend that you use it for something more interesting instead!



Did I say that I really rate this band? I hope that you will love them too!

Stream and download the album at a Name Your Price cost here: Bandcamp
(You can also find the "All Summer Single" here too.)

Official web site for T's etc here: http://www.thereigningmonarchs.com/

Contact, befriend, follow, like, love and surf here: Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment